Peace of Mind Process
The families served by Des Moines Cremation can be guaranteed the peace of mind in knowing that their loved one will be treated with dignity and respect from the very moment we bring the deceased into our care.
We have our own crematory facility staffed by our own Licensed Funeral Directors, and by combining their experience and ethics with state of the art technology and practices, your confidence is assured.
Peace of Mind Process
Your loved one never leaves our care, and we have developed strict procedures to ensure the security and integrity of our process, which includes:
- Proper identification from the moment we receive the body until the family is provided the cremated remains. A personal identification band with a scan-ready bar code is placed on your loved one, and this code is scanned and verified through every phase of the cremation process. The deceased is also assigned a unique number which is stamped on a non-combustible stainless steel disc that will be with them at all times, even during the cremation itself. This identification disc will be placed in the cremated remains serving as permanent identification, and the number will be recorded on all paperwork and forms.
- Inventory is taken of any personal effects with the deceased and labeled for return to the family.
- Digital fingerprints are taken of the deceased as another identification safeguard. The scanned fingerprints are stored in our secure database.
- The body is viewed by the office of the state or county medical examiner, verifying identity and cause of death before a permit to cremate is issued.
- The family will consult with a funeral director in order to complete the necessary authorizations for cremation. We will not perform the cremation until the family has signed the proper forms and instructed us to proceed.
- Only Licensed Funeral Directors oversee our crematory, and they will review all cremation paperwork and permits prior to the procedure to be certain they have been received and properly documented. This paperwork is placed on the outside of the cremation chamber during the cremation process, and is with the remains until the time they are placed in the urn. All paperwork is scanned and verified that it matches the identification code that was initially placed with the body.
- All information regarding the cremation is logged into our computer system. All original paperwork is kept on file as part of the permanent record of the cremation.
- The family receives the cremated remains which are labeled with the deceased’s name and which also contain the permanent identification disc. The family also receives a certificate of cremation verifying identification information of the deceased.
Have More Questions?
Read more on the following pages: